Prof. D.P. Singh, Chairman, UGC
Prof. Bhushan Patwardhan, Vice Chairman, UGC
& Chairman, UGC-CARE Empowered Committee
ArticlesINTERVIEW: The Scholarly Kitchen,
5th February 2020 COMMENTARY: Current Science, 117, 6, 2019
UGC-CARE initiative to promote research quality, integrity and publication ethics
Patwardhan, Bhushan & Thakur, Archana
Researchers are advised to check whether the journal they are submitting their work to is not a clone version of another print/online journal.
- The UGC-CARE List has only TWO groups, instead of the original FOUR groups to simplify the search process. These are NOT hierarchic or ranked groups.
UGC-CARE List Group I
Journals found qualified through UGC-CARE protocols
UGC-CARE List Group II
Journals indexed in globally recognised databases
- UGC-CARE related services and CARE protocols being circulated on any platform are not endorsed by the UGC or any of its officers. The UGC is not responsible for any list put up by any person, company or institution.
- UGC has not authorised anybody to compile a UGC-CARE List, nor authorized any company, person or institution to help authors publish in UGC-CARE listed Journals.
- The UGC only adheres to the official list on UGC-CARE website. Any claims to the contrary are false, and the UGC is NOT responsible for such services being offered by anybody.
- Paying persons/agencies to ensure assured UGC-CARE List publications, dissertations or thesis is unethical academic practice, and Students, Researchers and Faculty members are cautioned against using such dubious agencies.