Prof. Jagdish Kumar, Chairman, UGC.
Prof. D.P. Singh,Former Chairman, UGC
Prof. Bhushan Patwardhan, former Vice Chairman, UGC
& Chairman, UGC-CARE Empowered Committee
UGC-CARE Public notice : 20th April 2020
UGC-CARE Public notice : December 2019
UGC-CARE Public notice : 16th September 2019
UGC-CARE Public notice : 14th June 2019
UGC-CARE Public notice : 28th November 2018
VideosUGC - CARE - Documentary
Recent PublicationAcademic Integrity and Research Quality | [PDF]
ArticlesFirst Monday: 26,10,4th October 2021
The UGC-CARE initiative: Indian academia's quest for research and publishing integrity
Bhushan Patwardhan and Shubhada Nagarkar
25th June 2020
Assessing research: the slippery slope
Bhushan Patwardhan and Gautam R. Desiraju
5th February 2020 COMMENTARY: Current Science, 117, 6, 2019
UGC-CARE initiative to promote research quality, integrity and publication ethics
Patwardhan, Bhushan & Thakur, Archana
- The UGC-CARE List has only TWO groups, instead of the original FOUR groups to simplify the search process. These are NOT hierarchic or ranked groups.
UGC-CARE List Group I
Journals found qualified through UGC-CARE protocols
UGC-CARE List Group II
Journals indexed in globally recognised databases
- Recommending any journal, through the proper proforma and process is free and the UGC does not collect any fees for the same. However, it has come to our attention that universities are charging for such recommendations by their IQAC and other bodies. Researchers, editors and publishers are requested to note that no such charges have been imposed by the UGC.
- UGC-CARE related services and CARE protocols being circulated on any platform are not endorsed by the UGC or any of its officers. The UGC is not responsible for any list put up by any person, company or institution.
- UGC has not authorised anybody to compile a UGC-CARE List, nor authorized any company, person or institution to help authors publish in UGC-CARE listed Journals.
- The UGC only adheres to the official list on UGC-CARE website. Any claims to the contrary are false, and the UGC is NOT responsible for such services being offered by anybody.
- Paying persons/agencies to ensure assured UGC-CARE List publications, dissertations or thesis is unethical academic practice, and Students, Researchers and Faculty members are cautioned against using such dubious agencies.